Obtain all the dirty details in regards to the Grass Seed Settlement class action lawsuit.
- Pending in the in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Claim forms must be filed by 12/4/2018
- Please visit www.grassseedsettlement.com to file a claim
- Styled In re: Scotts EZ Seed Litigation, Case No. 12-cv-4727
- Proof of purchase is not required in order to file a claim
A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 12/19/2018.
Please note Grass Seed Settlement class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement cake.
Class Members who do not provide proof of purchase are limited to an award of up to $45 while those who submit proof of purchase may claim up to $90.
Other Class Actions:
Who should file a claim?
Anyone in the states of New York or California who purchased any variety of Scotts EZ Seed bearing the 50% Thicker Claim between the dates of 1/1/2009 to 9/30/2014.
www.GrassFeedSettlement.com Contact Points
- Mail: Scotts EZ Seed Litigation c/o Heffler Claims Group, Claims Administrator P.O. Box 8748 Philadelphia, PA 19101-8748
- Toll-Free: 1-844-271-4786
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Scott A. Bursor, Joseph I. Marchese, Neal Deckant, Yitzchak Kopel, Nadeem Faruqi, and Timothy Peter.
Scotts has hired Samuel A. Danon, Shawn Patrick Regan, Joshua S. Paster, Joshua M. Kalb, and Neil Gilman from the law firm of HUNTON ANDREWS KURTH LLP.
Scotts Turf Builder EZ Seed Class Action Settlement Summary
The heart of the lawsuit revolves around claims that The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Inc. and The Scotts Company LLC made false claims about a grow see.
According to class members the companies falsely claimed that Scotts Turf Builder EZ Seed grows grass “50% Thicker With Half The Water” when compared to ordinary seeds.
Scotts denies any actions of wrongdoing but has agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation.
Finally the settlement website