Capital One Credit Card Class Action Settlement
A mind-warping 10.5 million dollar settlement has been proposed in the class action lawsuit entitled Anderson v. Capital One Bank USA NA.
Visit www.andersoncapitalonesettlement.com to file a claim or obtain other court documents.
The case is numbered 15-08342-RDD and is under review in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
All claim forms are due by 9/11/2019.
AndersonCapitalOneSettlement.com Contact Information
- Mail: Anderson Settlement Program c/o BrownGreer PLC P.O. Box 25428 Richmond, VA 23260
- Phone: 1-(888)-627-9594
- Fax: Not found
Who should file a claim?
Consumers in the United States who had a Capital One credit card account, whose debt related to that account was charged off and sold to a debt buyer after 1/1/2018, and who (after the debt sale) had their debt discharged as part of their bankruptcy through 3/22/2016.
- CVS Health Survey – Please note you must have Internet access and the 17 digit code number in order to start the survey
- Petro-canada.ca/activatecard – Get a mind-blowing 2500 bonus reward points
- Us.hsbc.com/gold Invitation Number – Apply for the popular HSBC Gold Mastercard credit card issued by HSBC Bank USA
Proof of Purchase?
Class members will need to provide canceled checks, account statements, or any other proof they can come up with.
Please note a Notice ID is required to submit a claim online at www.andersoncapitalonesettlement.com/Notice.
Distribution and reimbursement Claim Forms can also be printed, filled out, and mailed to the settlement administrator.
Class Members Counsel (aka lawyer)
- George Carpinello & Adam Shaw from BOIES SCHILLER FLEXNER LLP
- Charles Juntikka from CHARLES JUNTIKKA & ASSOCIATES
Capital One Counsel
- Joseph L. Noga & Laura MacDonald from JENNER & BLOCK LLP
- Joel H. Levitin & Samuel G. Mann from CAHILL GORDON & REINDEL LLP
What is this lawsuit all about?
Class members claim Capital One failed to update relevant credit information on sold accounts and provide that information to credit reporting agencies after the accounts were discharged in bankruptcy.
If you are unhappy with the 10.5 million dollar settlement you can attend the fairness hearing on 9/11/2019.